Saturday, March 7, 2009

O lordy lordy.

Yep, I saw it. Watchmen. I saw it and thought it was damn good. My hat is off to the creators of the film because they did a fine job of of cramming, a sort of bloated graphic novel, into a film. Come on! Yes, I said bloated. You can't tell me that when you read it, if you did, you didn't see several areas where the heavy story became slightly annoying. Example: ok we understand that you like Rameses Deuce and Alex the Great but did you really need to take ten pages to tell us Ozy?! Nope! The proof is in the pudding...or the film.
At damn near 3hrs I felt they got everything in they needed to and then some. Hell, the film maker part of me felt the urge to find places to trim it down which I did but thats neither here nor there. These spots were real minute.

So yes it is a damn good film and faithful rendition of the classic story. Don't moan to me that the squid is gone. For a comic, the squid made sense, in the really real world there ain't now coming back...I mean giant squids look silly. Plus in Hellboy II they kinda already did the squid like thing in NYC. This ending makes more sense and no I will not give it away...go spend your ten bucks and see what I am talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment